i just wondered if anyone caught any of these interviews:

PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
Show Date: 10/10/2002
Panel: Punch Drunk Love
Filmmaker
Order here

PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
Show Date: 1/7/2000
Paul Thomas Anderson, writer and director of the film "Magnolia", talks with Charlie Rose about the meaning behind the film, cast members and his direction style. Anderson is also the director of the film "Boogie Nights."
Order here

PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
Show Date: 9/3/1998
Panel: ART OF DIRECTING: LEVINSON/ANDERSON
Director Paul Anderson talks to Charlie Rose about his new movie, "Boogie Nights", its origins as a satirical documentary and his views about film schools.
Order here

PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
Show Date: 3/9/1998
Paul Thomas Anderson talk with Charlie Rose about writing the script for "Boogie Nights" and his desire to create something new. (Repeat R-2020, 10/30/97)
Order here

PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON
Show Date: 10/30/1997
Charlie Rose talks with film director Paul Thomas Anderson about his New film "Boogie Nights," film schooland his favorite filmmakers.
Order here

any worth the $30? i wish Charlie didn't charge so much.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cine

You can get all the transcripts from ptanderson.com.

tpfkabi

ok, cool, i didn't know that. thanks.

after looking through the audio archives, i finally found the PDL one on page 9. i haven't listened to it yet though.

Finn

I thought that one was pretty good. Too bad he couldn't have been by himself and not with Adam Sandler.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Xx

tpfkabi

no, i never tried to order it. i don't think i ever streamed it either.
if that PTA shorts DVD ever comes to life, it sure would be nice if we got these interviews on there, too.

.............where would we be without wishful thinking?

Fernando

Speaking of these Charlie Rose's ints. I had a dream last weekend about it.

Often my dreams are about things I must do, so this one begins with me fast forwarding a video so I tape a soap opera for my girlfriend, in that video (which is actually true) I had the last int. with PTA and Sandler, and suddenly (as this often happens) I was on the Rose's set, PTA and his manager (instead of Sandler) were preparing to go live, then Rose approaches PTA and asks him something about the meaning of Magnolia, his manager quickly advices him to shut the fuck up, that if he comments Charlie might ruin his movie or something, so PTA evades the question and Charlie goes away, then they start demanding for some coffee, and so someone gives them a cup of coffee and both of them start drinking it rapidly and spilling it everywhere, then I go with them and say 'boy, you really needed that coffee, take it easy guys', they just kept drinking all shaky, then I woke up.

Nothing else to see around here.

phreelee

Quote from: Cinephile on July 31, 2004, 01:11:02 AM

No you can't.  The one from the "Magnolia" period isn't there [cigarettesandredvines.com now, of course].

Pubrick

Quote from: phreelee on March 03, 2006, 02:27:45 AM
Quote from: Cinephile on July 31, 2004, 01:11:02 AM

No you can't.  The one from the "Magnolia" period isn't there [cigarettesandredvines.com now, of course].
i already told you in the other thread but in cases like this i've found once is never enough.. look at the dates of these posts you are replying to and consider that perhaps at the time what cinephile said was true. i hate to say it but your future is not looking too bright, sunshine.
under the paving stones.

phreelee

You're really pissy and irritable, 'sunshine'.  I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, or to build my future at a freaking movie website.  I don't care what my future is here, and I certainly hope no one else cares about their future here, either.  I don't know why you care AT ALL about what the first thread said or the last thread said.  It's petty, mean, and pointless.  I don't know what your problem is, and I don't know what thread you are referring to.  I, unlike you and maybe some of the other admins who are supposed to be the mature ones around here, don't have to act all condescending and jerky and get mad about stupid bull that is of no consequence to anyone whatsoever.  Who gives a CRAP of the thread is old?  Who cares?  If you care, there can't possibly be a good reason.  Grow up, calm down, or both.  It's absolultely ridiculous and childish for you to act this way towards someone you don't even know and pretend to have a power trip, "SUNSHINE".  Have a good life. Good luck with the website. Goodbye. 

jigzaw

Quote from: phreelee on March 04, 2006, 06:46:19 PM
You're really pissy and irritable, 'sunshine'.  I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, or to build my future at a freaking movie website.  I don't care what my future is here, and I certainly hope no one else cares about their future here, either.  I don't know why you care AT ALL about what the first thread said or the last thread said.  It's petty, mean, and pointless.  I don't know what your problem is, and I don't know what thread you are referring to.  I, unlike you and maybe some of the other admins who are supposed to be the mature ones around here, don't have to act all condescending and jerky and get mad about stupid bull that is of no consequence to anyone whatsoever.  Who gives a CRAP of the thread is old?  Who cares?  If you care, there can't possibly be a good reason.  Grow up, calm down, or both.  It's absolultely ridiculous and childish for you to act this way towards someone you don't even know and pretend to have a power trip, "SUNSHINE".  Have a good life. Good luck with the website. Goodbye. 

Don't let it bug you.  Almost every time I post I get catty, snippy, bitchy remarks from the admins and long-time members.    I think they're all 16 year olds.  Seriously. 

hedwig

Quote from: jigzaw on May 06, 2006, 04:46:29 PM
Quote from: phreelee on March 04, 2006, 06:46:19 PM
You're really pissy and irritable, 'sunshine'.  I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, or to build my future at a freaking movie website.  I don't care what my future is here, and I certainly hope no one else cares about their future here, either.  I don't know why you care AT ALL about what the first thread said or the last thread said.  It's petty, mean, and pointless.  I don't know what your problem is, and I don't know what thread you are referring to.  I, unlike you and maybe some of the other admins who are supposed to be the mature ones around here, don't have to act all condescending and jerky and get mad about stupid bull that is of no consequence to anyone whatsoever.  Who gives a CRAP of the thread is old?  Who cares?  If you care, there can't possibly be a good reason.  Grow up, calm down, or both.  It's absolultely ridiculous and childish for you to act this way towards someone you don't even know and pretend to have a power trip, "SUNSHINE".  Have a good life. Good luck with the website. Goodbye. 

Don't let it bug you.  Almost every time I post I get catty, snippy, bitchy remarks from the admins and long-time members.

what the hell? from looking at your post history it's clear you've gotten a fairly positive, respectful response from us. you've pretty much consistently been engaged on points you've made in various arguments the whole time you've been here, like our Loose Change debate a few months ago... so i don't know where this bitterness is coming from.

plus, did you notice that phreelee posted his long-winded farewell tirade TWO MONTHS AGO??? why bring this up now.

Quote from: jigzaw on May 06, 2006, 04:46:29 PM
I think they're all 16 year olds.  Seriously. 

and you call us catty!

©brad

jigzaw

yeah, that was harsher than warranted.  Just burned by a few posts I guess.

cowboykurtis

youtube link for charlie rose/pta interview for Magnolia - note that pta is second guest

...your excuses are your own...